The Apple Watch Series 2 also incorporates NFC payments.
UPDATED 12 September 2017 As does Apple Watch Series 3 — and it may also get offer other NFC functionality, as hinted at during the launch announcement.
Apple Watch coverage in NFC World
- Wells Fargo offers $5 credit to customers who use their smartphone to make an ATM withdrawal
- Santa Clara University rolls out iPhone NFC student IDs
- South Dakota State University rolls out iPhone NFC IDs
- Apple to add support for NFC car keys?
- Apple Pay revenue and transactions ‘more than double’ in the year
- Apple leverages NFC to deliver exclusive rewards to Apple Watch gym users
- Apple Pay Express Mode rolls out across London
- Suncorp Stadium reports on NFC event ticketing adoption rates
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11
- Apple expands NFC student IDs to 12 more universities
- Hong Kong commuters to get iPhone and Apple Watch ticketing ‘later this year’
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- TriMet rolls out NFC ticketing for iPhone users
- Ticketmaster to roll out NFC ticketing for iPhones and Apple Watches ‘later this year’
- Apple Pay goes live in Iceland
- Marshall University lets students add campus cards to iPhone and Apple Watch
- Johns Hopkins University rolls out support for iOS and Android campus cards
- Apple Pay expands to transit systems in the US
- Temple University switches on support for iPhone campus cards