The Apple Watch Series 2 also incorporates NFC payments.
UPDATED 12 September 2017 As does Apple Watch Series 3 — and it may also get offer other NFC functionality, as hinted at during the launch announcement.
Apple Watch coverage in NFC World
- CTA adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit for tap-and-go fare payments in Chicago
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
- Marshall University transitions to mobile-only NFC ID cards for staff and students
- Apple lets kids use their Apple Watch to make payments with Apple Pay
- Steamship Authority introduces NFC ticketing on Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard ferries
- LA Metro lets passengers add TAP transit cards to Apple Wallet
- Washington Metro lets passengers add SmarTrip transit cards to Apple Wallet
- LA Metro to let passengers add their TAP transit card to Apple Pay ‘this year’
- Carrefour integrates its loyalty card with Apple Pay
- Garmin lets Japanese commuters add Suica transit cards to smart wearables
- Leaked images show how Apple Pay QR codes may look
- Transact rolls out Android NFC student IDs at 16 US universities
- Apple Pay Express Transit payments roll out to 275 cities across China
- Commonwealth Bank reports surge in digital wallet transactions
- Wells Fargo offers $5 credit to customers who use their smartphone to make an ATM withdrawal
- Santa Clara University rolls out iPhone NFC student IDs
- South Dakota State University rolls out iPhone NFC IDs
- Apple to add support for NFC car keys?