The Apple Watch Series 2 also incorporates NFC payments.
UPDATED 12 September 2017 As does Apple Watch Series 3 — and it may also get offer other NFC functionality, as hinted at during the launch announcement.
Apple Watch coverage in NFC World
- Apple unveils support for digital keys and IDs in iOS 15
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Apple Pay goes live in South Africa
- Disney World to let Apple users access attractions with a digital pass
- Apple to let iPhone users unlock their smartphone while wearing a mask
- LA Metro lets Android users add their transit card to their NFC phone
- Paris to let Apple users add transit cards to iPhones?
- Dutch regulator launches antitrust investigation into NFC payment apps
- Octopus adds travel info and P2P NFC transfers to transit wallet
- CTA adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit for tap-and-go fare payments in Chicago
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
- Marshall University transitions to mobile-only NFC ID cards for staff and students
- Apple lets kids use their Apple Watch to make payments with Apple Pay
- Steamship Authority introduces NFC ticketing on Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard ferries
- LA Metro lets passengers add TAP transit cards to Apple Wallet
- Washington Metro lets passengers add SmarTrip transit cards to Apple Wallet
- LA Metro to let passengers add their TAP transit card to Apple Pay ‘this year’
- Carrefour integrates its loyalty card with Apple Pay