Apple’s much-anticipated Apple Watch wearable incorporates NFC payment capabilities with Apple Pay.
The Apple Watch Series 2 also incorporates NFC payments.
UPDATED 12 September 2017 As does Apple Watch Series 3 — and it may also get offer other NFC functionality, as hinted at during the launch announcement.
Apple Watch coverage in NFC World
- Landmark London building rolls out support for employee IDs in Apple Wallet for contactless entry
- Apple patents biometric palm recognition technology for smartphones and wearables
- Octopus lets iPhone users personalise their digital transit card
- Colorado begins issuing mobile driving licences and state IDs
- Apple begins offering door locks with support for NFC digital keys
- Apple gets patent for ‘biometric button assembly’ to bring Touch ID to Apple Watch
- Team Energie lets drivers in Germany make contactless fuel payments at the pump with their smartwatch
- Apple adds NFC car key support for Hyundai and Kia vehicles
- Patent-holding company sues Apple over NFC technologies
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Apple rolls out NFC student IDs in Canada and expands to further universities in the US
- Australian health insurers let customers make contactless claims from Apple Wallet
- Apple unveils support for digital keys and IDs in iOS 15
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Apple Pay goes live in South Africa
- Disney World to let Apple users access attractions with a digital pass
- Apple to let iPhone users unlock their smartphone while wearing a mask
- LA Metro lets Android users add their transit card to their NFC phone
- Paris to let Apple users add transit cards to iPhones?
- Dutch regulator launches antitrust investigation into NFC payment apps