Vehicle recognition is being used to deliver advertisements for luxury holidays in Bermuda to London drivers with high-value cars. If a car valued at more than £40,000 (US$48,586) and less than four years old is detected passing a billboard, a personalised advertisement with messages such as “Hello Bermudaful in the Range Rover” is displayed. The campaign is run by Media Agency Group on behalf of Bermuda Tourism.
- Researchers unveil system that enables users to feel touch at a distance
- ST to host NFC for IoT commissioning webinar
- Number of credit cards issued via digital platforms to top 320m globally by 2027
- Researchers develop secure vibration-based authentication for visually impaired users to unlock their mobile device
- More than half of payments made with First National Bank cards in South Africa are now contactless
This article is more than six years old