Shipments of fingerprint sensors for smartphones are expected to reach 1bn units by 2020, representing a 17% compound annual growth rate (CAGR), according to ABI Research. “Other biometric modalities like face, voice and eye-based recognition are currently moving out of the fledgling phase and are to be integrated as highly-secure — albeit more expensive — biometric capabilities in smartphone devices with a five-year CAGR revenue growth of 144%,” the company says.
- FBI warns of cybercrime risks as businesses use QR codes ‘more frequently’ during pandemic
- Mumbai lets passengers link digital health pass to mobile bus tickets
- Apple Pay goes live in Armenia
- UK grocery stores let consumers receive personalised digital vouchers on their smartphone
- Washington Metro offers passengers free bike rides for switching to mobile SmarTrip card
This article is more than six years old