UK department store chain House of Fraser has introduced augmented reality (AR) into its iOS mobile app to let shoppers make purchases from videos, 3D product previews, recipes and lookbooks via a Scan to Explore feature. “The AR function was introduced into the apps through integrating the Layar AR SDK technology with our app commerce platform,” says platform provider Poq.
- JFK International Airport gets contactless grab-and-go convenience store
- Google Pay goes live in Israel
- More than 67m contactless POS terminals shipped in 2020
- Mobile contactless payments now account for one in three card transactions in Russia
- Sainsbury’s lets customers ‘just walk out’ of contactless store in London
This article is more than six years old