UK department store chain House of Fraser has introduced augmented reality (AR) into its iOS mobile app to let shoppers make purchases from videos, 3D product previews, recipes and lookbooks via a Scan to Explore feature. “The AR function was introduced into the apps through integrating the Layar AR SDK technology with our app commerce platform,” says platform provider Poq.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts