More than 12m public transport journeys have been made using contactless payment cards and devices since Transport for London (TfL) launched the service in September, and contactless already represents close to 8% of all pay-as-you-go journeys on the network, TfL says. One million journeys were paid for with a contactless card in the ten days after launch.
- Skånetrafiken enables Apple Pay Express Mode for contactless bus ticketing in southern Sweden
- Metrolinx adds support for debit card payments to contactless ticketing pilot in Toronto
- Jakarta transport networks trial transit card and mobile app for multimodal contactless ticketing
- Delhi Metro begins rolling out upgraded mobile and contactless ticketing system
- Moscow Metro completes full rollout of biometric FacePay ticketing
This article is more than six years old