Oberthur Technologies (OT) has teamed up with NFC mPOS services provider Mobeewave for Flying mPOS, a solution that will enable NFC devices equipped with Oberthur’s Pearl embedded secure element to be used as a mobile POS terminal — without the need for a separate dongle or other add-on. “The commercial product will receive all Visa and MasterCard approval,” Mobeewave’s Vincent Alimi has told NFC World+.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday