Oberthur Technologies (OT) has teamed up with NFC mPOS services provider Mobeewave for Flying mPOS, a solution that will enable NFC devices equipped with Oberthur’s Pearl embedded secure element to be used as a mobile POS terminal — without the need for a separate dongle or other add-on. “The commercial product will receive all Visa and MasterCard approval,” Mobeewave’s Vincent Alimi has told NFC World+.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than six years old