Fingerprint and iris scanning technology “could eventually” be incorporated into a Bluetooth and geolocation-based ticketing service to be piloted by UK rail firm Chiltern Railways in July 2017. The proposal from Rail Delivery Group aims to help in “reducing delays and increasing the number of passengers through the gates at busy times”.
- Transport for NSW reports on contactless ticketing adoption
- Metro do Porto to add support for contactless payments
- Port Authority to pilot mobile ticketing on Pittsburgh buses
- ITSO reports on the role of transit ticketing in mobility-as-a-service solutions
- Apple Pay users report double-charging issue on New York subway