Fingerprint and iris scanning technology “could eventually” be incorporated into a Bluetooth and geolocation-based ticketing service to be piloted by UK rail firm Chiltern Railways in July 2017. The proposal from Rail Delivery Group aims to help in “reducing delays and increasing the number of passengers through the gates at busy times”.
- Mastercard unveils plan to let transit operators use biometrics to identify passengers
- Calypso and OSPT Alliance to create single open standard for transit ticketing
- Miami-Dade launches mobile ticketing app that rewards passengers for watching ads
- Transport for NSW reports on contactless ticketing adoption
- Metro do Porto to add support for contactless payments