Fingerprint and iris scanning technology “could eventually” be incorporated into a Bluetooth and geolocation-based ticketing service to be piloted by UK rail firm Chiltern Railways in July 2017. The proposal from Rail Delivery Group aims to help in “reducing delays and increasing the number of passengers through the gates at busy times”.
- Cleveland transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
- Cannes rolls out open loop contactless bus ticketing
- Uber to integrate train, coach and plane tickets into UK app
- Qatar to roll out contactless fare payments across metro, bus, tram and taxi services
- MBTA to add open loop contactless ticketing and digital transit card
This article is more than five years old