Hamad International Airport (HIA) in Qatar has launched an Android version of its mobile app, which uses iBeacon technology to deliver passengers information about special offers at retail outlets, as well as real-time details on flights, baggage claim and location-based services. The iOS version of the HIA Qatar app has also been upgraded to make use of Apple’s indoor mapping service. “Investing in state-of-the-art technology is crucial for maintaining our position among the top airports in the world,” says Suhail Kadri at HIA.
- FBI warns of cybercrime risks as businesses use QR codes ‘more frequently’ during pandemic
- Mumbai lets passengers link digital health pass to mobile bus tickets
- Apple Pay goes live in Armenia
- UK grocery stores let consumers receive personalised digital vouchers on their smartphone
- Washington Metro offers passengers free bike rides for switching to mobile SmarTrip card
This article is more than five years old