Australian travel booking website Webjet has teamed up with Microsoft to develop a blockchain proof-of-concept solution for online booking services. ‘Smart contracts’ are being built to remove the risk of data inaccuracies, streamline payment processes and improve data security. “Blockchain… could potentially assist every one of our partners in the [travel] supply chain to improve their efficiency,” says John Guscic from Webjet.
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
- Apple Pay goes live in Israel
- Finnish cities roll out open loop contactless fare payments
This article is more than four years old