The Ventra mobile ticketing app introduced by Chicago’s Metra commuter rail service in November 2015 has been downloaded more than one million times and used by passengers to pay for more than US$110m in fares. “The Ventra app truly transformed the way people across Chicago engage with transit each day,” says Matt Cole, president of Ventra app developer Cubic Transportation Systems.
- TransLink issues Compass Card key fobs
- Zhengzhou Metro rolls out face scanning across its subway network
- Octopus triples its stored value card limit
- Apple Pay Express Mode rolls out across London
- Transport for London tests Apple Pay Express Transit mode