Apple Pay is about to launch in Germany, if a series of hints on the Apple website is confirmed. A recently edited article, spotted by a Reddit user, contained an image of Germany in a global coverage map dated October 10, which was updated with the country removed a week later. An apple.com/de/apple-pay URL, which is currently inactive, has also been spotted in search results.
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
- More than three quarters of cashless transactions in Germany, Austria and Switzerland are now contactless
This article is more than four years old