The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in Dubai is developing a smart ticketing system that will check passengers in and out hands free using their smart cards or smartphones. “Once the commuters hop on the bus with smart cards/smartphones in their pockets, the on-board smart fare collection system immediately registers the time of riding and the location of the bus, and processes automatically the fare payment required. No user interaction,” says Adel Shakri at RTA.
- Bengaluru metro to let passengers pay with their face
- Cleveland transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
- Cannes rolls out open loop contactless bus ticketing
- Uber to integrate train, coach and plane tickets into UK app
- Qatar to roll out contactless fare payments across metro, bus, tram and taxi services
This article is more than six years old