Passengers on Southern California’s Metrolink rail system will soon be able to pay for tickets on their smartphone and validate them at barcode readers on station turnstiles. The service will use Masabi’s JustRide platform and will be deployed in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, as well as Oceanside in San Diego County. “Mobile tickets will be made available for travel across all of Metrolink’s seven lines and nearly 60 stations by the fall,” Masabi says.
- Visa reports on contactless transit ticketing adoption
- LA Metro to let passengers add their TAP transit card to Apple Pay ‘this year’
- Turin rolls out contactless payments on bus and subway services
- Chinese city rolls out face verification ticketing on bus and subway services
- STIB switches on contactless payments across Brussels
This article is more than four years old