Travellers passing through Bologna Airport in Italy will soon be able to download the airport’s mobile app by tapping NFC tags or scanning QR codes with their mobile phone. They will then get notifications via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons installed by platform provider Connecthings. “Orientation in the airport can be now greatly, simply facilitated using the mobile devices everybody’s using,” says Bologna Airport’s Silvia Lombardi.
- Smart lets teachers log in to interactive displays via NFC
- Hyundai to add support for Apple NFC car keys
- Chinese researchers create highly flexible NFC circuits using transparent film based on calligraphy paper
- SK uses NFC to guide CES visitors to a green future
- Brazilian football club Atlético Mineiro lets fans authenticate special edition jerseys with NFC
This article is more than six years old