Travellers passing through Bologna Airport in Italy will soon be able to download the airport’s mobile app by tapping NFC tags or scanning QR codes with their mobile phone. They will then get notifications via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons installed by platform provider Connecthings. “Orientation in the airport can be now greatly, simply facilitated using the mobile devices everybody’s using,” says Bologna Airport’s Silvia Lombardi.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than five years old