Travellers passing through Bologna Airport in Italy will soon be able to download the airport’s mobile app by tapping NFC tags or scanning QR codes with their mobile phone. They will then get notifications via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons installed by platform provider Connecthings. “Orientation in the airport can be now greatly, simply facilitated using the mobile devices everybody’s using,” says Bologna Airport’s Silvia Lombardi.
- Cambridge Consultants combines NFC and machine vision for next generation interactive bar
- American Airlines includes NFC passport reading in mobile app
- Sheep Inc uses NFC tags to let sweater buyers trace their purchase back to the original fleece
- Merivale to let Sydney diners tap table tags to order food and drinks
- Researchers use NFC to power epidermal VR feedback patch