Mobile ticketing specialist Masabi has secured investment from MasterCard, Lepe Partners, MMC Ventures and public transport operator Keolis amounting to US$12m. “MasterCard and Masabi are working together to help drive cash and its associated costs out of public transport including integrating the one-touch MasterPass digital wallet platform into JustRide,” Masabi says.
- Eurostar to let international train passengers use biometrics to replace physical tickets and passport checks
- MTA resumes Omny contactless ticketing installations
- Octopus lets Hong Kong commuters add their transit card to iPhone and Apple Watch
- Taipei light rail offers 50% discounts to mobile payment users
- Metrolinx to let iPhone users top up Presto transit cards via NFC
This article is more than four years old