Mobile ticketing specialist Masabi has secured investment from MasterCard, Lepe Partners, MMC Ventures and public transport operator Keolis amounting to US$12m. “MasterCard and Masabi are working together to help drive cash and its associated costs out of public transport including integrating the one-touch MasterPass digital wallet platform into JustRide,” Masabi says.
- Google expands support for transit cards on NFC mobile phones
- Brits now use smart cards and mobile phones for half their rail journeys
- Ohio transportation providers roll out multi-operator regional mobile ticketing service
- EMT to pilot blockchain and face recognition ticketing in Madrid
- Dubai to launch virtual Nol transit card in 2020