More than 100 retailers and hospitality locations across the city of Tilburg in the Netherlands have begun installing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to send out targeted messages to customers. “The technology was demonstrated last summer at the Fair in Tilburg,” Emerce reports. The platform is scheduled to roll out to other cities in the Netherlands including Breda, Oirschot and Etten-Leur.
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
This article is more than five years old