The UAE Banks Federation, a standards body representing 50 Emirates banks, has cleared its mobile wallet project for launch and is now awaiting final approval from the nation’s central bank following a pre-implementation phase completed in December. The UBF mWallet project represents the financial component of the UAE’s Smart Government initiative and will enable banks to offer P2P, NFC mobile payments and loyalty programs to customers.
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese researchers create highly flexible NFC circuits using transparent film based on calligraphy paper
- Greece to roll out digital ID cards and driving licences
- SK uses NFC to guide CES visitors to a green future
- Brazilian football club Atlético Mineiro lets fans authenticate special edition jerseys with NFC
This article is more than six years old