Mobile marketing and advertising platform BeaconStream is to pilot iBeacon technology in malls in Bengaluru and Chennai, India, within the next three weeks, The Hindu reports. “If a customer visits a mall, the beacon will alert about the proximity and the particular brand can send offers or run a immediate marketing campaign to convert that footfall into sales,” says CTO Gautam Mandewalker.
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
- Octopus to let Hong Kong cardholders pay for transit fares in mainland China
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
This article is more than six years old