Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) platform provider Radius Networks has introduced QuickBeacon for OS X, a virtual iBeacon solution that can turn any Macintosh computer equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 and running OS X 10.9 or higher into a fully configurable BLE beacon. QuickBeacon is aimed at enterprise, retail point-of-sale and hospitality environments, Radius says.
- Swiss government to introduce digital national identity cards
- Leeds United rolls out NFC contactless ticketing
- Apple to roll out contactless in-vehicle fuel payments from the dashboard
- Trust Payments partners with Dejamobile to bring software-only payments acceptance to merchants across Europe
- United Nations pilots contactless grain dispensers in India
This article is more than eight years old