Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) platform provider Radius Networks has introduced QuickBeacon for OS X, a virtual iBeacon solution that can turn any Macintosh computer equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 and running OS X 10.9 or higher into a fully configurable BLE beacon. QuickBeacon is aimed at enterprise, retail point-of-sale and hospitality environments, Radius says.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
This article is more than six years old