DeviceFidelity has introduced a module that can be used by case makers and other accessory providers to add NFC payments and wireless charging functionality to an iOS device. The new Multi-Mode Module supports a SIM-based secure element, the Power Matters Alliance (PMA) and Wireless Power Consortium (Qi) standards and “will be certified for mobile payment by major payment networks — Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover”.
- United Nations pilots contactless grain dispensers in India
- Delta rolls out metal contactless credit card made from recycled Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet
- Westpac to let merchants accept contactless payments on Android NFC smartphones in Australia
- Global chip shortages to continue impacting contactless card delivery into 2023
- Zuckerberg unveils plans to launch digital wallet for metaverse transactions
This article is more than eight years old