Japanese payment brand JCB has begun a one month trial of a new JCB Mobile Wallet platform in Tokyo’s Omotesando shopping district and says it will launch the product commercially in 2013. The JCB Mobile Wallet handles payments, points programs, discounts and other special offers and is based on a platform developed by Dai Nippon Printing.
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
- JCB, Mizuho Bank and Fujitsu to test blockchain-based identity exchange technology for securing transactions
- Florida to introduce mobile driving licences
This article is more than seven years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday