Peter Sprogis, a co-founder of NFC pioneer MoLo Rewards, is suing Google for allegedly infringing US Patent No. 7,298,271 with Google Wallet, patent attorney Leonid Kravets reports. The patent was issued in November 2007 and describes the use of RFID technology, in tag form or integrated into a mobile phone, to issue rewards to shoppers at the same time that they make a purchase.
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
This article is more than nine years old