Peter Sprogis, a co-founder of NFC pioneer MoLo Rewards, is suing Google for allegedly infringing US Patent No. 7,298,271 with Google Wallet, patent attorney Leonid Kravets reports. The patent was issued in November 2007 and describes the use of RFID technology, in tag form or integrated into a mobile phone, to issue rewards to shoppers at the same time that they make a purchase.
- AE Solar combats solar panel counterfeiting with NFC
- ST adds NFC car key reader chip
- MintID protects precious metals with NFC chips
- Paachn adds NFC tags to face masks
- DutchPicks integrates NFC tags into guitar picks
This article is more than seven years old