US department stores Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s are replacing signature pads at all 50,000 point-of-sale terminals with new customer response units developed by Verifone, reports Retail Touchpoints. The new devices, expected to be in place by fall 2012, enable the company to test emerging transaction-processing technologies including Google Wallet.
- Samsung unveils ultra wideband Smart Tags
- Hyundai to let drivers use their iPhone to unlock their vehicle
- Samsung adds support for UWB and NFC digital car keys
- Vaccine credentials coalition to develop interoperable digital Covid-19 passport
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
This article is more than nine years old