Fitbit users are now able to add Google Wallet to Sense 2 and Versa 4 smartwatches and then use their wearable to make contactless payments in 45 countries, including 7 of the 12 countries where Google Wallet is now available for the first time.
Users in the 12 new countries can make contactless payments and store debit and credit cards, tickets and passes on their Android NFC smartphones and Wear OS smartwatches as well as on a compatible Fitbit device, where available.
The new territories are Armenia, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Slovenia, Thailand and Vietnam.
Google has added them to its list of countries where Google Wallet can be used along with Malaysia – where the service also went live this week – and details of where it is available on Fitbit devices.
- ACBA Bank, Ameriabank, Ardshinbank, Armeconombank, Converse Bank and Evocabank in Armenia, Butterfield in the Cayman Islands;
- Airwallex, Alpha Bank, Bank of Cyprus, Curve, Hellenic Bank, Monavate, Payhawk, PayrNet, Paysafe, Paysend, Profee, SumUp, Viva Wallet and Wise in Cyprus;
- Bank of Georgia, Credo Bank, Basisbank, Halyk Bank, Liberty Bank, Pasha Bank, ProCredit Bank, Space Bank, TBC Bank and Terabank in Georgia;
- Bakai Bank, Bai-Tushum Bank, Commercial Bank, Halyk Bank and RSK Bank in Kyrgyzstan;
- Cornèr Banca, Curve, Monavate, PayrNet, Paysafe and Wise in Liechtenstein;
- Advanzia, Curve, Monavate, Payhawk, PayrNet, Paysafe, Paysend, SumUp, Viva Wallet and Wise in Luxembourg.
- Airwallex, Curve, Monavate, PayrNet, Paysafe, Paysend, SumUp, Viva Wallet and Wise in Malta;
- Banco Inbursa, Banorte, Banregio, Hey Banco and Nu Mexico in Mexico;
- Banka Intesa Sanpaolo, Curve, Mbills, Monavate, PayrNet, Paysafe, Paysend, SumUp and Wise in Slovenia;
- Bangkok Bank and Krungthai Bank in Thailand;
- Asia Commercial Bank, Sacombank, Shinhan Bank, Tieng Phong Bank, Vietcombank, Vietnam Prosperity Bank and Vietnam Technological and Commercial Bank in Vietnam.
• NFCW maintains a list of major OEM Pay systems and the territories where they are live and available for public use.