Google Assistant will be made available to all phones running Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating systems, Reuters reports. The virtual assistant will roll out this week to English speakers in the US, followed by Australia, Canada, the UK and German speakers in Germany. The company “is working on support for additional languages”, the news service adds. Google Assistant had previously only been available on Google’s own Pixel brand phones.
- Google Pay rolls out tokenized NFC card payments in India
- Marshall University transitions to mobile-only NFC ID cards for staff and students
- Survey: Four in ten US and UK consumers ready to use QR codes for payments
- Antelop explains how it works as a trusted partner to banks looking to adopt the latest digital card technologies
- Thailand tests NFC wristbands for tracking Covid-19 patients and at-risk groups
This article is more than three years old