Google Assistant will be made available to all phones running Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating systems, Reuters reports. The virtual assistant will roll out this week to English speakers in the US, followed by Australia, Canada, the UK and German speakers in Germany. The company “is working on support for additional languages”, the news service adds. Google Assistant had previously only been available on Google’s own Pixel brand phones.
- United Nations pilots contactless grain dispensers in India
- Delta rolls out metal contactless credit card made from recycled Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet
- Westpac to let merchants accept contactless payments on Android NFC smartphones in Australia
- Global chip shortages to continue impacting contactless card delivery into 2023
- Zuckerberg unveils plans to launch digital wallet for metaverse transactions
This article is more than five years old