Facebook has obtained a licence to manage money transfers between users in Spain, according to El Pais. “After informing the Bank of Spain, Facebook is now on the financial institution’s registry of electronic money agencies,” the publication reports. “Facebook has yet to explain how it plans to roll out the service.” Facebook was granted an e-money licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe in December 2016.
- Eventbrite brings tap to pay to the events industry
- Biometric card pioneer backs away from payments citing lower-than-expected market uptake
- EU calls for feedback on proposed settlement with Apple over NFC chip access
- Google signs deal to take UPI beyond India
- NFC Forum spells out DPP ambitions in ebook