Passengers using the Moscow Central Ring rail line can now pay for journeys using Apple Pay at ticket offices, ticket machines and through turnstiles. Free travel is offered for users of the mobile payments service every Monday throughout December 2016. “I’m sure that thanks to Apple Pay the number of passengers using innovative payment services will increase significantly,” says deputy mayor Maxim Liksutov. Apple Pay launched in Russia in October 2016, supported by Mastercard and Sberbank.
- Kazakhstan to roll out face recognition transit ticketing in 2021
- Metro de Sevilla introduces tap-and-go ticketing payments
- Ann Arbor transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
- Pasmo adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit in Japan
- Renfe to roll out contactless ticketing across Spain’s suburban rail network
This article is more than three years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday