Passengers using the Moscow Central Ring rail line can now pay for journeys using Apple Pay at ticket offices, ticket machines and through turnstiles. Free travel is offered for users of the mobile payments service every Monday throughout December 2016. “I’m sure that thanks to Apple Pay the number of passengers using innovative payment services will increase significantly,” says deputy mayor Maxim Liksutov. Apple Pay launched in Russia in October 2016, supported by Mastercard and Sberbank.
- Atac brings contactless transit ticketing to Rome
- Denver adds support for Transit in-app ticketing
- Guangzhou Metro pilots facial recognition at ticket barriers
- Ankara adds NFC transit ticketing on buses, subways and local trains
- JR East introduces loyalty points for transit ticketing payments