Passengers using the Moscow Central Ring rail line can now pay for journeys using Apple Pay at ticket offices, ticket machines and through turnstiles. Free travel is offered for users of the mobile payments service every Monday throughout December 2016. “I’m sure that thanks to Apple Pay the number of passengers using innovative payment services will increase significantly,” says deputy mayor Maxim Liksutov. Apple Pay launched in Russia in October 2016, supported by Mastercard and Sberbank.
- Finnish cities roll out open loop contactless fare payments
- Google Pay to add transit payments to home screen
- Transport for Ireland adds NFC transit card top-ups for iPhone users
- Octopus to let Hong Kong cardholders pay for transit fares in mainland China
- Dayton RTA adds physical cards to Tapp Pay mobile ticketing service
This article is more than four years old