Customers of US telecoms giant AT&T can send text messages to up to 10 contacts using Amazon’s Alexa artificial intelligence assistant. The AT&T Send Message skill went live on 18 November allowing users to ask to text a friend, after which the assistant prompts them to say their message. The launch came on the same day that Amazon Echo and Echo Dot devices were made available on the AT&T website and in its retail stores.
- Tyne and Wear Metro launches mobile ticketing on Android phones
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
- Stocard rolls out mobile payments service in four more European countries
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Capital Metro pilots fare-capping service on transit app
This article is more than four years old