Customers of US telecoms giant AT&T can send text messages to up to 10 contacts using Amazon’s Alexa artificial intelligence assistant. The AT&T Send Message skill went live on 18 November allowing users to ask to text a friend, after which the assistant prompts them to say their message. The launch came on the same day that Amazon Echo and Echo Dot devices were made available on the AT&T website and in its retail stores.
- Atac pilots contactless fare payments on buses in Rome
- Nigeria to let consumers use feature phones to make payments with national digital currency
- Central bank rolls out national contactless transit ticketing system in Costa Rica
- Ethiopian government adds health records to contactless cards
- RBR: More than 12,000 checkout-free contactless stores to be in operation by 2027
This article is more than five years old