Blockchain consortium R3 has reduced the amount it aims to raise from bank members in its first large round of equity funding to US$150m from US$200m, Reuters reports. More than 90% of its original 42 bank members have expressed an interest in investing, but Goldman Sachs and Banco Santander, both original participants, are not renewing their memberships, it adds. Morgan Stanley and National Australia Bank meanwhile are also not participating.
- Most UK retailers say strong customer authentication is not a key concern for post-pandemic recovery
- Kazakhstan to pilot central bank digital currency
- German supermarket to trial anonymous checkout-free shopping
- California begins state-wide rollout of fare capped open loop contactless ticketing
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
This article is more than four years old