French bank card association Cartes Bancaires has issued certification for a dynamic security code payment card developed by Oberthur Technologies. The OT Motion Code cards replace the three-figure security code on the back of plastic cards with a mini-screen displaying a code which automatically changes periodically to make online payments more secure. The cards were trialled by BNP Paribas in October 2015, following an initial trial conducted by French bank BPCE.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than three years old