Customers of Russian bank Sberbank can now add their cards and make payments through Samsung Pay. “Beginning November 8, Sberbank customers with Mastercard credit or debit cards can register them for use with Samsung Pay,” Samsung says. With the new partnership, Samsung Pay is now available from seven major banks including Alfa-Bank, VTB24, MTS Bank, Raiffeisen Bank, Russian Standard Bank and Yandex. The mobile payment service launched in Russia last month.
- Canadian credit unions add Google Pay support for domestic debit cards
- One in three Canadians make mobile contactless payments ‘on a regular basis’
- WeChat Pay lets users charge in-store mobile payments to their credit card
- PCI publishes CPoC standard for accepting contactless payments on off-the-shelf NFC devices
- Grab to issue mobile-first numberless Mastercard across SE Asia