UK consumers can make a donation to The Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal by tapping their contactless card or NFC device against contactless donation tins in 13 branches of UK bank Natwest. The tins are being trialled in collaboration with Worldpay and Thyngs. “One tin, developed by Worldpay, doubles up as a contactless terminal charging £2 (US$2.48) per tap,” Worldpay says. “Another will feature Thyngs Styckers which uses mobile phone technology to instantly direct mobile users to a dedicated donation page.” Mobile donations are currently being trialled, with contactless card donations set to be piloted next week.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts