UK consumers can make a donation to The Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal by tapping their contactless card or NFC device against contactless donation tins in 13 branches of UK bank Natwest. The tins are being trialled in collaboration with Worldpay and Thyngs. “One tin, developed by Worldpay, doubles up as a contactless terminal charging £2 (US$2.48) per tap,” Worldpay says. “Another will feature Thyngs Styckers which uses mobile phone technology to instantly direct mobile users to a dedicated donation page.” Mobile donations are currently being trialled, with contactless card donations set to be piloted next week.
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline