French bank BNP Paribas has begun trialling payment cards on which the three-figure security code is replaced with a small screen displaying a code which automatically changes periodically in order to make online payments more secure. The bank is using Oberthur Technologies’ OT Motion Code solution for the pilot, which involves 1,000 customers. French bank BPCE has also conducted a pilot test of the cards.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than four years old