French bank BNP Paribas has begun trialling payment cards on which the three-figure security code is replaced with a small screen displaying a code which automatically changes periodically in order to make online payments more secure. The bank is using Oberthur Technologies’ OT Motion Code solution for the pilot, which involves 1,000 customers. French bank BPCE has also conducted a pilot test of the cards.
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
This article is more than six years old