French bank BNP Paribas has begun trialling payment cards on which the three-figure security code is replaced with a small screen displaying a code which automatically changes periodically in order to make online payments more secure. The bank is using Oberthur Technologies’ OT Motion Code solution for the pilot, which involves 1,000 customers. French bank BPCE has also conducted a pilot test of the cards.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts