Mobile payments now account for a quarter (25%) of all transactions processed in Starbucks stores across the US, with Mobile Order and Pay transactions representing 6% of the total, reaching 7% in September 2016. “Approximately 3,300 of our stores are handling 10% of their orders at peak through Mobile Order and Pay,” COO Kevin Johnson told investors during the coffee chain’s Q4 earnings call. “In 600 stores, Mobile Order and Pay represents over 20% of orders at peak, triple the number from last year.” The service was rolled out across the US in September 2015.
- Visa reports on the impact of Covid-19 on payment volumes
- Qatar triples contactless transaction limit
- EBA recommends Europe-wide contactless transaction limit increase
- Table: Contactless payment transaction limit increases around the world
- Mastercard: 29 countries have now agreed to raise their contactless payment limit