Mobile payments now account for a quarter (25%) of all transactions processed in Starbucks stores across the US, with Mobile Order and Pay transactions representing 6% of the total, reaching 7% in September 2016. “Approximately 3,300 of our stores are handling 10% of their orders at peak through Mobile Order and Pay,” COO Kevin Johnson told investors during the coffee chain’s Q4 earnings call. “In 600 stores, Mobile Order and Pay represents over 20% of orders at peak, triple the number from last year.” The service was rolled out across the US in September 2015.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts