US consumers will soon be able to make mobile payments at vending machines belonging to American Food & Vending, by tapping their device against a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) plug-in dongle provided by digital payments enabler PayRange. “The PayRange app may be funded with credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Android Pay, coupons and even payroll deductions,” the company says. PayRange raised US$12m in June 2015.
- Card networks begin global Click to Pay rollout
- Apple Pay to add support for QR mobile payments in iOS 14?
- Orange Bank introduces mobile-first debit card in Spain
- US Bank lets companies instantly send a corporate card to employees’ mobile phones
- Nedbank to roll out support for contactless payments on standard NFC smartphones
This article is more than three years old