US consumers will soon be able to make mobile payments at vending machines belonging to American Food & Vending, by tapping their device against a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) plug-in dongle provided by digital payments enabler PayRange. “The PayRange app may be funded with credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, Android Pay, coupons and even payroll deductions,” the company says. PayRange raised US$12m in June 2015.
- UOB lets customers use its mobile banking app to link debit and credit cards to third-party apps
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
This article is more than four years old