Digital payments enabler PayRange has secured US$12m in Series A funding to drive mobile payment acceptance in the vending machine industry with a plug-in dongle called BluKey. “PayRange uses a small device which plugs into the back of the machine and a customer-side mobile app to enable any vending machine to accept all forms of payment,” the company says. The US$49 device uses Bluetooth Low Energy, says PayRange, and the prepaid app can be funded with both Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- BBVA launches biometric credit card in Mexico
- PBOC: Chinese consumers will be able to store their digital currency in both physical and digital wallets
- Coca-Cola gives away mobile wallet credits for ‘free Cokes’ in US restaurants
- Hong Kong to explore potential for digital HK dollar
- El Salvador makes bitcoin legal tender
This article is more than five years old