Brazilian consumers can now sign up to mobile and online only bank Neon by taking a selfie with their mobile phone. “Instead of authenticating with a username and password, customers will take a selfie to use facial biometrics,” technology provider Daon says. “Customers will be issued two Visa branded debit cards. The physical card will be used for POS purchases at retail locations while the virtual card will be used for online purchases. Customers will use facial recognition to access their account and to perform additional transactions, such as transfers and payments.” The service makes use of Daon’s IdentityX platform.
- ITSO reports on the role of transit ticketing in mobility-as-a-service solutions
- India’s Icici Bank launches open banking portal
- Malaysian government offers cash incentives to mobile payments users
- Real-time video shows Cilab’s high-speed NFC tester in action
- Indonesia begins EMV QR mobile payments rollout