Brazilian consumers can now sign up to mobile and online only bank Neon by taking a selfie with their mobile phone. “Instead of authenticating with a username and password, customers will take a selfie to use facial biometrics,” technology provider Daon says. “Customers will be issued two Visa branded debit cards. The physical card will be used for POS purchases at retail locations while the virtual card will be used for online purchases. Customers will use facial recognition to access their account and to perform additional transactions, such as transfers and payments.” The service makes use of Daon’s IdentityX platform.
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- NXP explains how NFC and RFID tags can be used to improve the security of blockchain-based supply chain systems
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts
- Bluey Merino to use NFC tags to guarantee the authenticity of its clothing
- Mastercard to build blockchain cross-border payments platform