Brazilian consumers can now sign up to mobile and online only bank Neon by taking a selfie with their mobile phone. “Instead of authenticating with a username and password, customers will take a selfie to use facial biometrics,” technology provider Daon says. “Customers will be issued two Visa branded debit cards. The physical card will be used for POS purchases at retail locations while the virtual card will be used for online purchases. Customers will use facial recognition to access their account and to perform additional transactions, such as transfers and payments.” The service makes use of Daon’s IdentityX platform.
- Trust Payments to share lessons learned from developing a softPOS solution for merchants across Europe
- European Central Bank draws up plans for digital euro app for contactless and QR code payments
- Washington Metro lets students add digital transit passes to Apple Wallet via NFC
- Russian banks pilot contactless payment stickers for iPhone users
- Qatar National Bank rolls out contactless biometric payments
This article is more than six years old