US consumers will soon be able to withdraw cash from 70,000 ATMs belonging to Payment Alliance International (PAI) using their mobile phones through banking and payment technologies provider FIS’ Cardless Cash ATM functionality. “The partnership connects FIS Cardless Cash with PAI and brings mobile access to ATMs located at many of the nation’s largest retailers, gas stations, convenience stores and more,” FIS says. Cardless Cash was launched in January 2015 and had recorded hundreds of thousands of transactions by February 2016.
- Central bank launches digital currency in the Bahamas
- ExxonMobil to combine NFC and QR mobile payments at the pump
- BBVA begins global rollout of mobile-first credit cards
- Visa lets merchants in 15 countries accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday