More than 200 products from global technology leaders are now Fido certified, the Fido Alliance has revealed. “This represents a 100% increase since the start of 2016,” the organisation says. “These latest certifications include the first Fido certified products that support Bluetooth for wireless strong authentication.” Fido was launched in 2013 as an open security authentication concept to replace passwords with a range of methods such as biometrics. Support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and NFC was added in July 2015.
- Fidesmo Pay expands to Switzerland
- Sofia rolls out single journey QR mobile tickets across public transportation network
- Mobile wallet transaction volumes overtake cash payments in stores
- National QR payments and rewards system to be launched in Australia
- Huawei Pay goes live in Pakistan
This article is more than four years old