LG is expected to launch its LG Pay mobile payment service in September, according to ETNews. “LG Pay is going to be released in September as a form of ‘all-in-one card’ that will become the world’s first mobile payment with IC (integrated circuit) chip,” the publication reports. The company announced it had developed an electronic LG Pay White Card that will let users register multiple credit cards for in-store payments and ATM withdrawals in January 2016 and confirmed its plans to launch the service in November 2015.
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
- Amazon lets customers pay with their palm at two US retail stores
This article is more than four years old