LG has confirmed it is planning to launch its own mobile payments service as early as next month. The company has signed up Korean card issuers Shinhan Card and KB Kookmin Card as launch partners and is expected to call the service LG Pay. LG sparked rumours of the plan when it filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea in October 2015.
- Google lets US drivers use Assistant to pay for fuel with their voice
- Lloyds to let customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Emirates NBD records 34m contactless transactions during eight-week rewards programme
- Monzo lets customers link virtual debit cards to funds ring fenced for specific types of expenditure
- CBA: 80% of digital wallet payments in Australia made from Apple devices
This article is more than five years old