LG has confirmed it is planning to launch its own mobile payments service as early as next month. The company has signed up Korean card issuers Shinhan Card and KB Kookmin Card as launch partners and is expected to call the service LG Pay. LG sparked rumours of the plan when it filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea in October 2015.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday