LG has reportedly filed trademarks for ‘LG G Pay’ and ‘G Pay’ in South Korea, suggesting that the handset maker could be looking at launching its own mobile payment service. “According to IT industry and financial industry, LG Electronics just finished applying for trademark of G Pay in the US at the end of September after it did so in South Korea,” ETNews reports.
- Two in three consumers worldwide say Covid-19 has permanently changed the way they pay
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
This article is more than five years old