LG has developed an electronic ‘LG Pay White Card’ that will let users register multiple credit cards onto a single piece of plastic for in-store payments and ATM withdrawals. The device is about the same size as a normal credit card, ETNews reports, and has a small LCD display, buttons to select which virtual card to use and a connector for recharging. The handset maker confirmed in November 2015 that it is working on launching its own mobile payment service.
- Tappy demo shows how brands can add contactless payments to wearables
- Leaked images show how Apple Pay QR codes may look
- Visa files central bank digital currency ecosystem patent
- PayPal rolls out QR payments to 28 countries around the world
- Ghana switches on national instant QR mobile payments platform
This article is more than four years old