More than 1,000 restaurants, bars and pubs across the UK are deploying Z-Beacon, a new platform developed by QR code-based mobile payments provider Zapper. The platform uses Bluetooth Low Energy beacons to send out personalised messages, offers and rewards to customers’ mobile devices. Restaurant chain CAU is among the companies installing the technology and has rolled out Z-Beacon to all 17 of its locations across the UK.
- Amsterdam gets tap-in tap-out open loop contactless fare payments
- Port of San Diego adds contactless biometric immigration checks using facial recognition
- India pilots digital rupee for contactless in-store and P2P payments
- Apple Pay to start pilot rollout in South Korea
- UBS leverages NFC and biometrics to let Swiss residents open a bank account from their mobile phone
This article is more than six years old