More than 1,000 restaurants, bars and pubs across the UK are deploying Z-Beacon, a new platform developed by QR code-based mobile payments provider Zapper. The platform uses Bluetooth Low Energy beacons to send out personalised messages, offers and rewards to customers’ mobile devices. Restaurant chain CAU is among the companies installing the technology and has rolled out Z-Beacon to all 17 of its locations across the UK.
- Most UK retailers say strong customer authentication is not a key concern for post-pandemic recovery
- Kazakhstan to pilot central bank digital currency
- German supermarket to trial anonymous checkout-free shopping
- California begins state-wide rollout of fare capped open loop contactless ticketing
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
This article is more than five years old