India’s Axis Bank has partnered with fitness technology provider GOQii to develop a wearable device that will allow its customers to make contactless payments. “The device will allow consumers to make NFC payments and will come loaded with the regular fitness related features like the coach etc that the GOQii bands come with,” the bank’s Rajiv Anand told Economic Times. The two companies expect to roll out the device in the coming months.
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11
- Ahold Delhaize to roll out NFC shelf edge labels in supermarkets across Europe
- NXP explains how NFC and RFID tags can be used to improve the security of blockchain-based supply chain systems
- Bluey Merino to use NFC tags to guarantee the authenticity of its clothing