India’s Axis Bank has partnered with fitness technology provider GOQii to develop a wearable device that will allow its customers to make contactless payments. “The device will allow consumers to make NFC payments and will come loaded with the regular fitness related features like the coach etc that the GOQii bands come with,” the bank’s Rajiv Anand told Economic Times. The two companies expect to roll out the device in the coming months.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than five years old