European mobile point of sale specialist Payleven has closed a US$10m Series D funding round, bringing the total raised to date to $51m. “The newly secured investment provides Payleven with additional growth capital,” the company says. Payleven introduced a chip and PIN reader that supports NFC in 2014.
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
- Amazon lets customers pay with their palm at two US retail stores
- Samsung lets German customers link any bank account to Samsung Pay
- One in five Japanese consumers to make mobile payments in stores this year
This article is more than four years old