European mobile point of sale specialist Payleven is to introduce a chip and pin reader that supports NFC and contactless card transactions during the second half of 2014. The device “will be offered for a much lower price than other NFC card readers currently on the market and will significantly broaden the potential for smaller businesses in the UK to accept NFC card payments,” the company says.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11