More than 3bn loyalty cards will operate as mobile-only or will be integrated into mobile apps by 2020, up from 1.4bn last year, Juniper Research predicts. “Brands and retailers are increasingly responding to consumer demand for mobile integration, with many now offering customers the opportunity to store their loyalty cards within a dedicated digital wallet,” the research firm says.
- Samsung cuts US support for MST transactions on new Galaxy phones
- Fiat Chrysler to let drivers order and pay for Grubhub food deliveries from their cars
- Agricultural Bank of China pilots central bank digital currency ATMs
- Mastercard pilots cloud POS solution for contactless payments acceptance on NFC smartphones
- Juniper forecasts 2.2bn QR code payment users by 2025
This article is more than four years old