Attendees at Super Bowl 50 over the weekend were notified of related events, points of interest and prizes on their smartphones via a mobile app and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons installed in locations across the San Francisco Bay Area. The beacons were deployed by Gimbal.
- Report: US retailers must pay a premium for Apple Card transactions
- Tinkoff turns its mobile banking app into a full-service digital marketplace
- German savings banks switch on support for Apple Pay
- Osaka Metro begins Japan’s first face recognition ticketing pilot
- Garanti lets customers use its mobile banking app to top up their transit card