Attendees at Super Bowl 50 over the weekend were notified of related events, points of interest and prizes on their smartphones via a mobile app and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons installed in locations across the San Francisco Bay Area. The beacons were deployed by Gimbal.
- Google Pay rolls out tokenized NFC card payments in India
- Marshall University transitions to mobile-only NFC ID cards for staff and students
- Survey: Four in ten US and UK consumers ready to use QR codes for payments
- Antelop explains how it works as a trusted partner to banks looking to adopt the latest digital card technologies
- Thailand tests NFC wristbands for tracking Covid-19 patients and at-risk groups
This article is more than four years old