Travellers in Ireland can now top up their Leap public transport card by tapping it against their NFC phone and entering their payment details. “We are working on future releases which will enhance the app and will include the ability to store payment card details for a more streamlined top-up purchasing process,” the company says. The Leap Card is available in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Wexford.
- Transport Canberra to add support for card and smartphone payments
- Mastercard unveils plan to let transit operators use biometrics to identify passengers
- Calypso and OSPT Alliance to create single open standard for transit ticketing
- Miami-Dade launches mobile ticketing app that rewards passengers for watching ads
- Transport for NSW reports on contactless ticketing adoption