Travellers in Ireland can now top up their Leap public transport card by tapping it against their NFC phone and entering their payment details. “We are working on future releases which will enhance the app and will include the ability to store payment card details for a more streamlined top-up purchasing process,” the company says. The Leap Card is available in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Wexford.
- Visa reports on contactless transit ticketing adoption
- LA Metro to let passengers add their TAP transit card to Apple Pay ‘this year’
- Turin rolls out contactless payments on bus and subway services
- Chinese city rolls out face verification ticketing on bus and subway services
- STIB switches on contactless payments across Brussels
This article is more than four years old