Travellers in Ireland can now top up their Leap public transport card by tapping it against their NFC phone and entering their payment details. “We are working on future releases which will enhance the app and will include the ability to store payment card details for a more streamlined top-up purchasing process,” the company says. The Leap Card is available in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Wexford.
- Jakarta transport networks trial transit card and mobile app for multimodal contactless ticketing
- Delhi Metro begins rolling out upgraded mobile and contactless ticketing system
- Moscow Metro completes full rollout of biometric FacePay ticketing
- MTA adds physical Omny EMV card for closed loop transit ticketing in New York
- Oyster card users get weekly fare capping on London’s Tube and rail network
This article is more than five years old