Travellers in Ireland can now top up their Leap public transport card by tapping it against their NFC phone and entering their payment details. “We are working on future releases which will enhance the app and will include the ability to store payment card details for a more streamlined top-up purchasing process,” the company says. The Leap Card is available in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Wexford.
- Snapper lets transportation users top up their travel card with their iPhone
- Tyne and Wear Metro launches mobile ticketing on Android phones
- Capital Metro pilots fare-capping service on transit app
- Maltese buses add contactless fare payments on busy routes
- Matatu minibuses pilot contactless fare payments in Nairobi
This article is more than four years old