Travellers in Ireland can now top up their Leap public transport card by tapping it against their NFC phone and entering their payment details. “We are working on future releases which will enhance the app and will include the ability to store payment card details for a more streamlined top-up purchasing process,” the company says. The Leap Card is available in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford and Wexford.
- California begins state-wide rollout of fare capped open loop contactless ticketing
- Finnish cities roll out open loop contactless fare payments
- Google Pay to add transit payments to home screen
- Transport for Ireland adds NFC transit card top-ups for iPhone users
- Octopus to let Hong Kong cardholders pay for transit fares in mainland China
This article is more than five years old